We’re chuffed to continue our Supersonic Podcast series celebrating and recognising women, trans and non-binary artists who are creating extraordinary new music.
As Supersonic was founded and is led by women, one of our key aims is to be an inspiring space where these formidable artists and our supportive audience come together and make some stellar things happen. Earlier this year we teamed up with Swamp Booking, one of Europe’s leading independent agencies, to launch a series of talks that amplify these voices – happening as live streams on YouTube.
In today’s podcast, we focus on our third talk of the series, “Sounding Out Intersectionality” with Stephanie Phillips from Big Joanie, Lorena Quintanilla aka. the Rocket Recordings signed artist J.Zunz and Shannon Funchess founder of US act Light Asylum.
We’ll also be spinning some BIG sounds from Special Interest, Divide and Dissolve, Pretty Grim, Big | Brave and The Linda Lindas.
Tune on in! Treat your ears, and enjoy your podcast journey with us…
If you’re in a position to support the artists in this podcast too, we’ve put all their Bandcamp links below for your convenience…
- Cranes In The Sky: Big Joanie
- Young, Gifted, Black, In Leather: Special Interest
- Four Women and Darkness: J. Zunz
- “Sounding Out Intersectionality” In Conversation with Stephanie Phillips
- Way Out: Big Joanie (live at Supersonic 2019)
- “Sounding Out Intersectionality” In Conversation with Lorena Quintanilla
- Pope Will Roll: Light Asylum
- “Sounding Out Intersectionality” In Conversation with Shannon Funchess
- Pretty Grim (live at FAT OUT Fest 2020)
- Assimilation: Divide and Dissolve
- Half Breed: Big | Brave
- Sexist, Racist Boy: The Linda Lindas