Supersonic needs YOU! This year, Capsule’s internationally renowned festival runs 19-21 October 2012 and there are two internship opportunities for dynamic individuals interested in learning more about the delivery of a large scale arts festival. You will receive valuable work experience and be credited as part of the Supersonic Festival core team.
Capsule are looking for a Marketing Intern to assist with the promotion of the festival and a Production Intern to assist with logistics before, during and after the event.
The Marketing Intern will work closely with Capsule’s Directors, assisting with the promotion of the festival. Tasks include:
– Assisting with the Supersonic marketing strategy with focus on increasing national and regional audiences
– Setting up and maintaining a festival distribution database
– Assisting with mailing list management
– Distributing promotional material as a core member of the festival street team
– Preparing suitable content for the web
– Online image collation
– Maintaining social media subscriptions including Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Last fm
– Identifying relevant press opportunities and hosting press attendees and media sponsors
– Assisting with artist/ press liaison during the festival (meet & greet/ hosting/ interviewing)
– Assisting with the coordination and supervision of the festival box office (reporting on ticket sales, compiling guest and press lists)
– Assisting with the delivery of a post-festival press report
– Organising audience feedback
The Production Intern will work closely with Capsule’s Directors and Operations Manager assisting them with the production before, during and after the festival to include:
– Production and co-ordination of commissions and partner events
– Understanding the operations of the festival. Layouts, stalls, staff, suppliers, equipment
– Preparation and set-up of festival production office
– Co-ordination of festival volunteers
– Site layout, risk assessment, health and safety and production manual
– Aspects of Artists Liaison (catering, accommodation, travel)
– Liaise with site stalls, catering and film crew access
– Site set up and maintenance (Install, de-rig, signage, cleanliness)
– Organising after festival party
– Evaluation management
– Delivery of an evaluation report post festival
– Undertake other tasks as necessary and directed by Festival staff.
Please note, unfortunately we can only receive applications from people over 18 years of age. For more info please contact [email protected] with ‘Marketing Internship’ or ‘Production Internship’ as the subject title. You will then receive more information on the role and details for application.
The deadline for applications is Monday 16th July and interviews will be held on Tuesday 24th July. The successful candidates will begin the internship in August.
One Response to “Intern callout”
Would love too, but i’m too busy…
Alva Noto and Byetone have started a new project ‘Diamond Version’, very interesting stuff, they were both fantastic last year, maybe get them back over? 😀