Supersonic Q&A no. 2: Part Chimp.
Here’s our second artist Q&A to give you an insight into the inner-workings of Supersonic 2011. Part Chimp bring their heavy noise-rock to the festival in what will be one of their last ever performances. It’s a real shame they’re splitting up, but that could also give you reason no.137 to book your ticket.
1. Which five words describe what you know about Supersonic?
2. What can people expect of Part Chimp at the festival?
One of our last UK shows. If you haven’t seen us before, or it has been a while, now’s the time. If you’ve seen us loads of times, come celebrate the death throes.
3. Why make music – what does it do for you that nothing else does?
It’s a team version of primal scream therapy.
4. Who else on the bill are you hoping to see? (And why?)
Alex Tucker, Kogumaza, and a bunch of other mates. Bardo Pond, Alva Noto, WitTR, Tony Conrad and others. Supersonic’s a good opportunity to check out an extreme blend of stuff.
5. Finally, your essential ‘surviving-Supersonic’ items are…
Earplugs, spare earplugs, the green cross code, & the paperback of “how black was our sabbath”.